Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 Men's And Women's Shoes Updated for Spring Summer 2019
As we head towards the new golfing season, Ecco has announced that a number of new styles have been added to their men's and women's range in Spring/Summer combinations, also featuring a new derby cut lacing style. These new models follow on from the strong-selling Biom Hybrid 3 shoe and are said to better prepare users for the warmer weather.
The new shoes retain Ecco's premium Yak leather upper which provide great breathability and durability, along with the Natural Motion last for cushioning and support, and the option of adding a BOA closure system.
Lead Designer Andrzej Bikowski explains the process behind this new upgrade:
Building on the success of the hugely popular Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 model we wanted to continue the story by refining the appearance of the shoe and introducing some modern, considered designs.
The addition of these new styles will help to provide depth to the range and we envisage continued success for this outstanding shoe in 2019.
The Women's shoe is priced at £170 for the standard model and £185 with the BOA addition, and the Men's is £190 and
£205 with BOA.
Ecco Golf Biom Hybrid 3 Shoe Autumn Winter 2018
Ecco Golf has announced a number of additions to the strong-selling Biom Hybrid 3 shoe, including new colour schemes, to better prepare users for the Autumn and Winter months.
Featuring a Gore-Tex waterproof design and the innovative new Tri-Fi-Grip outsole, Ecco seek to add improvements to their best-selling line of hybrid footwear which is trusted by professionals including Fred Couples, Ernie Els and Lydia Ko.
The Tri-Fi-Grip feature introduces a new zonal structure for increased performance, with three distinct segments to create a high-quality product which can be worn on and off the course without affecting performance:
- Zone 1 is focused on optimising and maintaining lateral stability throughout the swing
- Zone 2 forms the middle of the outsole and its purpose is to provide comfort whilst walking, both during the round and after, featuring a durability region in the heel where shoes are susceptible to wear.
- Zone 3 is a specially engineered rotational section, created to ensure movement in the forefoot using ‘lugs’ which promote fast and easy rotation throughout the swing.
Ecco Lead Designer Andrzej Bikowski explains the thought process whilst working on the design for the Biom Hybrid 3:
We approached this project with the question; how can we make the best, better? By combining our new Tri-Fi-Grip innovation with the same technological features created by the Biom last, I believe we have achieved our goal. The fact that all Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 models offer complete waterproof Gore-Tex construction further exemplifies our commitment to progress and excellence.
Additional features of Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 include:
- An Ecco Racer Yak or new Antelope Yak leather upper with supreme breathability and durability
- 100% Gore-Tex waterproof protection
- Optional BOA closure system, providing an optimal fit
- Ecco Freedom Fit, which combines a snug heel setting with a roomier forefoot area that allows toes to move naturally for all-round comfort
- Biom Natural Motion technology brings the player closer to the ground while offering an anatomical last shape with advanced cushioning and support
- Removable Ortholite inlay soles, offering long-term cushioning, enhanced breathability, moisture management and the option of extra width
The range will retail at £190 for the standard shoe, and £205 including the BOA lacing system. They are available in three new colours for Autumn/Winter 2018: Wild Dove (Racer Yak leather), Ombre (Antelope Yak leather) and Camel (Antelope Yak leather).