Titleist's new easy-launch, super distance T400 irons are designed with the aim of making life on the golf course as easy as possible for golfers with moderate swing speeds.
They use a split sole design, super-thin face and wide bodied, hollow head construction complete with tungsten to help golfers launch it higher and hit it further.
The T400 release comes as part of Titleist's efforts to cater for every single golfer from tour player to beginner, and adds to the T-Series range of irons which already features the T100, T100S, T200 and T300 models.
Josh Talge, Vice President of Marketing for Titleist Golf Clubs, commented:
T400 is the super distance Titleist iron. This club is engineered to get the ball in the air and launch it as far as possible, even when the strike isn't perfect. There are so many golfers, particularly players with moderate swing speeds, who can benefit from this technology.
T400 gets the absolute most out of your swing while still providing the playability of a Titleist iron along with that look, sound and feel that dedicated players demand.
Performance and Technology:
- A wide body shape, with advanced Split Sole design, helps with turf interaction to provide a smooth and easy strike from a variety of different lies.
- The hollow head construction generates extremely high MOI, which gives golfers more forgiveness on off-centre strikes.
- High-density tungsten weighting, which can be up to 100g per head, lowers the centre of gravity and combines with the super-thin forged SUP-10 L-Face insert in the longer irons for better launch.
- Progressive blade lengths, sole widths and hosel lengths throughout the set allow the CG to be position precisely for each iron loft, whilst also providing preferred shaping.
- Lightweight materials - included in the stock shaft and grip options - promote increased swing speeds for longer distance.
The T400 Irons offer both graphite and steel lightweight shaft options to help maximise swing speeds, with a Mitsubishi Fubuki MV IR graphite shaft and True Temper AMT Red steel shaft.
The new T400 irons will be available worldwide from March 27th, with fittings available from March 12th. Price wise, a set of 7 irons will cost £1,300 in both graphite and steel shafts, or £185 per club.