MacGregor wore a household name when it came to golf equipment in the 1970s and 1980s, mostly helped by the fact that they were used by giants of the game including Tom Watson and Jack Nicklaus.
Whilst their influence may have waned in the years since, they are still active in the equipment world and have recently forged a reputation for producing gear for the more budget-conscious golfers among us.
This has been extended this year with their latest range of V Foil putters, with five new models designed with game improvement technology and priced at a very reasonable £69.99 each.
The putters utilise the brand's ARC Tech face milling technology, which helps to deliver a consistent forward roll at impact, so that you can start the ball on line more often and improve your distance control.
Strong visual alignment aids, peripheral weighting on the five different models and the option of either traditional pistol or a thicker 3.0 parallel grip also add to the value.
"As always with MacGregor our first priority is to produce a line of products that will deliver genuine performance benefits for golfers. Then we look at how to deliver those benefits at a quality and price point that golfers will love. With this new line of V FOIL putters we've found that perfect combination that will help golfers hole putt after putt without breaking the bank."
Graeme Stevens, MacGregor Managing Director
MacGregor V Foil Putters
- #1 - A traditional blade putter with peripheral heel/toe weighting for stability through the stroke and a single alignment line to the rear.
- #2 - A heel shafted compact mallet putter that delivers a solid look at address, and inspires confidence with its refined topline and single alignment aid.
- #3 - A large mallet with high MOI and deep body weighting that promotes a consistent pendulum stroke. A triple line alignment aid and solid look at address inspire confidence behind the ball.
- #4 - The high MOI design delivers a true roll, even on off-centre strokes. Inspires confidence and delivers results for golfers of all abilities.
- #5 - Fang style putter with a shaft that sits just inside the heel and combines with three alignment lines to keep a golfer's aim on target. Peripheral weighting and high MOI deliver performance even on off-centre strokes.
If you enjoyed this, you may also like:
MacGregor V Foil Speed Driver Review
TaylorMade Spider GT Rollback Putter