Andrew Noyce
By Andrew Noyce

Counter-balanced putters have become increasingly popular since the anchoring ban was announced by governing bodies.

All major manufacturers now offer counter-balanced options with extra weight added to the top of the grip to allow players who prefer this method to achieve a smooth and repeatable stroke.

Nike Method Converge CounterFlex Putter

Nike's engineers, based at their research and design facility The Oven, have taken a sideways look at the problem after research highlighted that the position of the counterweight may actually be counter-productive for many players. The result? Nike's innovative CounterFlex technology.

CounterFlex is a 75-gram moveable weight system inside the grip of the putter that can be adjusted and positioned anywhere on a 15-inch slide. CounterFlex changes the putter's Moment of Inertia and overall swing weight to ensure anchor-like stability and is adjustable to any stroke.

Nike Method Converge CounterFlex Putter

The research highlighted that in fact only 30 percent of golfers achieved their best match of rhythm and tempo with the weight locked at the top of the putter. The remaining 70 percent achieving a better stroke when the 75 grams were located in the middle or bottom positions. Since golfers can position the weight anywhere on the slide they can now fine tune the putters balance to their individual stroke.

The CounterFlex technology has been applied to Nike's Method Converge range of putters, featuring Nike's Dual RZN insert, with both the B1-01 and the S1-12 models available with 35" and 38" shafts.

More from Nike
Share:

Videos

Gallery

Nike Method Converge CounterFlex Putter - Product Details

Launch UK27 October 2015
Launch USA27 October 2015
Launch RRP£169.99
Handicap Range
Low
High
GolferMens
Hand AvailabilityLeft, Right
Left Handed Lofts2.5°
Right Handed Lofts2.5°
MaterialSteel
Club Lengths35, 38 inches
AdjustabilityWeight
GripNike CounterFlex
Putter ShapesBlade, Mallet
ModelsB1-01, S1-12
Putter InsertYes
Putter Face GroovesYes
Manufacturer's WebsiteNike Website

Retail Partners

Facebook Comments